All holders of valid African passports or US, UK, and German passport holders receive visas on arrival and do not need to apply for a visa prior to departure. Single entry visas have a fee of $30 USD in cash. Payment is also accepted via credit cards at the Kigali International Airport immigration desk.
Nationals of Australia, Germany, Israel, New Zealand, Republic of South Africa, Sweden, United Kingdom and, United States of America, shall get entry visa and pay visa fee upon arrival at any Rwanda entry point without prior application.
Holders of all the passports not listed above will need to apply for a visa prior to departure. Without a visa (from the Rwandan Embassy) or pre- approved visa via the online process, you will not be allowed to board from the point of departure. The online visa application process should take around 3 business days and involves the following steps:
- Go to https://www.migration.gov.rw/index.php?id=203
- Complete all the required fields online – you will need your address in Kigali and a Rwanda phone number to insert in the relevant fields. These are included in the invitation letter you have received.
- Upload AIMS letter of invitation. It is recommended not to use a Hotmail or work email address.
- The Directorate General of Immigration will send an automated response with a reference number which you can use to track your application online.
- Expect to receive a response via email within 3 days your pre-approved bar coded visa
- Print and travel with your pre-approved visa and present this along with $30 USD in cash (or equivalent) at immigration upon arrival in Kigali